Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mobility Training - 1RM OHS

Man in yoga position balancing body off floor, portrait


We did a 1RM overhead squat on Monday this week.  While I've gotten stronger since I did this for the first time quite awhile ago, I went from 115# to 165#.  I have to give most of the credit for this to increasing my mobility.  For more information on mobility training, check out Kelly Starret's blog at MobilityWOD...

I also have a blog post on mobility on the Crossfit Troy website if you'd like to check it out.

4 comments:

  1. This mobility training stuff sounds like its the stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Expecially for someone like me who is has a lot of flexibility issues. If Kelly can find issues with the likes of Mikko Salo and Jason Khalipa, I'm sure there's tons of stuff I can improve on. Plus, he's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MWOD rocks! Challenging but great!

    ReplyDelete